July 17, 2011

Summertime, and the Livin's Easy

Well, as Jen mentioned, it's been a busy couple of months at UrbanStitch Inc's new west coast location! We are enjoying our new neighbourhood, scouting out the farmers market, finding the best place for brunch and hanging out down at the beach. (West Coast life is awesome!) This weekend we're BBQ'ing at the beach with friends. Aaahh, summertime...

On the UrbanStitch Inc. front I found an amazing fabric store. We've been looking to make a line of Dance ShoovelopesTM for all the dancers who tote around their ballet slippers, pointe and tap shoes. Low and behold, I found the perfect pretty ballerina fabric at Save On Fabrics (6468 King George Blvd, in Surrey, BC) I recommend this store for it's excellent prices ($5-$7/metre on most cottons) and their huge selection. I must have been in there for two or three hours pulling bolts from the shelves, matching fabrics and basically poking my nose in every corner of the place!

Here are some of the fabrics I bought. Besides the Pretty Ballerina design, my favourite is the pumpkin polka dot matched with the dark denim. Very 50's Pin Up!

This is my stack ready to sew... I've pieced together all the handles, trims and pockets... Oh wait! Pockets! Yes, you asked, and we've answered. ShoovelopesTM are now available with a pocket inside. It is the perfect size for keys, ID, a lipstick or your cell phone. You may never need your purse again...! ;o)

Stay tuned to see a few of the finished ShoovelopesTM from this batch...!

No comments:

Post a Comment